Saturday, July 22, 2006

Peru - pensando en espanol apres un dia

Made it, safe and sound.

I went to bed thinking in Spanish last night. No kidding. I am amazed at how well I can converse already, and since no one really speaks English over here, looks like I will be coming home speaking Spanish pretty well. Which, of course, absolutely thrills me.

I also went to bed concerned about overbooked flights making things very complicated, so the first thing on the agenda today was taking care of the planning I suppose I should have done weeks ago. Thankfully, everything worked out great.

I fly to Puno tomorrow afternoon, will be there for 3 or 4 days then I bus to Cuzco and will spend 6 to 7 days in Cuzco and the Sacred Valley. This will give me plenty of time to explore at my leisure, returning to Lima on Weds Aug 2 and flying out at 1am.

I have seen nothing yet. Off to wander Lima. Will write again from Puno in a couple days.

No comments: