Monday, July 31, 2006

El Mercado in Pisac

Sunday is the day to go to Pisac because there is a weekly market which is indeed a site to see. Rows of stalls and cute little restaurants targeting tourists meet vegetables for sale spread across tarps on the ground and tables set up for the locals to sit down for a quick meal. No surprises here I just wandered around, talking to the people working in the stalls, taking pictures of all there was to capture (which was a lot indeed).




I unfortunately did not have time to get up the the ruins since the journey to Aguas Caliente was a long (and quite adventurous) one and I was warned to get to Ollataytambo early to be sure to make the last train (which I did not, but thanks to a fortuitous meeting on the bus with Daniel, who works on the train, I managed to make the 5:40).

No comments: