Saturday, May 27, 2006

A long lazy lunch on the Nile

No more complaining it's been another please pinch me I can't believe I get paid to do this day.

I am impressed with this country. There have been a series of ministry appointments from the private sector over the past several years and the pace at which change has been implemented is really surprising. There is so much potential just starting to be realized. Looking forward to continuing to test our initial hypothesis over the next two days and comparing this to Turkey.

So we just had this amazing lunch at a restaurant on the Nile. Fresh baked pita bread, hummus, my favorite the cucumber and tomato salad, fried calamari, fresh fish we picked out ourselves from the ice. We topped off the meal with one of my fondest memories from Israel - tea with fresh mint leaves. And shisha. There we sat for three hours outside along the river, puffing away at our pipes, discussing the history and trends of the country.

No comments: