
We totally got tricked into a camel ride today. When I hiked Mount Sinai back on the first trip to Egypt they were constantly trying to get us on a camel; me I was so elated to be hiking under a full moon I was having none of it. But who could forget..."Camel?". Then 100 yards later "Camel?".... "Camel?". It continued all the way to the final hike to the top where the camels could no longer follow us.
The guy today was much more shrewd. "Would you like to take a picture of me and the camel?" Sure why not. "Would you like to take a picture of you on the camel?" uh...ok sure, why not? "Now that you're on the camel, would you like a camel ride?" And off we went... This all occurred, by the way, at the base of the pyramids. So happy we got to do that, although we didn't go inside and see the passages, just walked around at the base. Still, wow.... We went up to the entrance where you go in, and the guard proceeded to offer us the pyramid for my hand in marriage. Now that's a proposal!
I wish I could post a pic but I think I left the adapter for my camera at home :(. I'll put it up when I can. That was unfortunately the extent of my exploration beyond our meetings. I had to pass on the bazaar tonight to get at least some semblance of sleep...

No comments:
Post a Comment