Friday, May 26, 2006

Cairo, Egypt

I am staying in a compound. Seriously. The security in this hotel is ridiculous. (I neglected to mention the security was really tight in India as well). They checked the car on the way in once we passed the walls outside this hotel and then yes, we went through a metal detector when we entered the hotel. I know, you're not sure if that makes you feel better or worse, huh? So much for venturing out this evening to explore, I think we are pretty much in the middle of nowhere, so it's all going to be the view from the car from meeting to meeting. It was a pretty sweet perspective in India so here's hoping for the same here.

What's exciting - I saw the pyramids from the plane!! WOW. It's pretty crazy the city is so enormous and expansive the development literally goes right up to them. I don't think our schedule is going to allow a visit, at least not during the hours we can actually go inside. There's always the light show they do at night, but somehow I feel like I'd rather NOT see that one.

No comments: