Party at the intern house, of course.
We live in a party house. After living with Max in San Francisco the bar has forever been impossibly raised for a party house, but this one's not bad by Liberian standards. We have a large roof deck, a patio, and an overhang (thanks to the roof deck) to shield us from the rain -- all of which enabled us to keep the party mostly outside.
But we are interns, and we don't know that many people so we just invited everyone we know and many more we don't. Our house is also pretty far out of town (about a 30 mins drive) so that made it harder to motivate to come out.
We spent Saturday running around spending too much money on alcohol and food. We managed to score a sound system for $40 for the night -- unfortunately people didn't like the playlist I put together for the night, even though it was about 75% hip hop and pop. I should have known.
Nothing too exciting to report, I had a blast. It didn't feel like we ever had critical mass because there is so much space to fill, but probably 60 people showed up, and finished all the alcohol we bought.
Unfortunately my friend Andrew and his silent instigating partner Nicholai decided that I shouldn't be drinking a huge bottle of water (clearly they don't know me that well!!) and started mixing me drinks. Really strong drinks. So by the time the bottle of Absinthe was passed around, I didn't have the sense to say no thank you.
Fortunately, I stopped cursing Andrew at some point on Sunday after dragging myself to the hotel to spend $25 on fruit and salad, desperate for fresh food.
From here on out I've resolved to try harder to be healthy, which is no small goal considering it's hard enough to eat at all. Wish me luck!
We live in a party house. After living with Max in San Francisco the bar has forever been impossibly raised for a party house, but this one's not bad by Liberian standards. We have a large roof deck, a patio, and an overhang (thanks to the roof deck) to shield us from the rain -- all of which enabled us to keep the party mostly outside.
But we are interns, and we don't know that many people so we just invited everyone we know and many more we don't. Our house is also pretty far out of town (about a 30 mins drive) so that made it harder to motivate to come out.
We spent Saturday running around spending too much money on alcohol and food. We managed to score a sound system for $40 for the night -- unfortunately people didn't like the playlist I put together for the night, even though it was about 75% hip hop and pop. I should have known.
Nothing too exciting to report, I had a blast. It didn't feel like we ever had critical mass because there is so much space to fill, but probably 60 people showed up, and finished all the alcohol we bought.
Unfortunately my friend Andrew and his silent instigating partner Nicholai decided that I shouldn't be drinking a huge bottle of water (clearly they don't know me that well!!) and started mixing me drinks. Really strong drinks. So by the time the bottle of Absinthe was passed around, I didn't have the sense to say no thank you.
Fortunately, I stopped cursing Andrew at some point on Sunday after dragging myself to the hotel to spend $25 on fruit and salad, desperate for fresh food.
From here on out I've resolved to try harder to be healthy, which is no small goal considering it's hard enough to eat at all. Wish me luck!

No comments:
Post a Comment