I moved into home for the next month yesterday. I rented a room upstairs in a family's home, as most yoga students do. It cost me a whopping $125 for the month. It's a large and at first glance pretty drab space, with two twin beds pushed together and a small desk that served more as a vanity. It has bathroom and more importantly, a huge balcony that wraps around the second floor and overlooks a lovely park. I plan to spend most of my time reading so it was important to have a space to do it in. Plus, it's conveniently located a block from a popular internet cafe / restaurant and a short walk to the shala. And it's quiet! In India!
I went out yesterday for for $40 bought a few Mexican looking striped rugs and a bright yellow and blue bedspread with pillowcases. The explosion of color they brought to my room made all the difference. It just needed a little love, and now it's a place I feel fortunate to have found to call home.
I went out yesterday for for $40 bought a few Mexican looking striped rugs and a bright yellow and blue bedspread with pillowcases. The explosion of color they brought to my room made all the difference. It just needed a little love, and now it's a place I feel fortunate to have found to call home.

No comments:
Post a Comment