Well, our Real World Monrovia photo shoot never happened, unfortunately, but I have some pretty representative shots of all of the housemates. Here are the peeps that lived under the same leaky roof with me this summer.
Thorodd, the too cool Norwegian from Georgetown
Photo credit: Thorodd
Maggie, the super laid back one and also the only white girl in all
of Liberia who speaks Fula, one of the tribal languages
(thanks to 2 years in the peace corps in the Gambia).
Jess, the one responsible for Fatty and Flaco, and
always integrating better with the locals than the
rest of us. She's studying labor at Cornell.
Jacob, my classmate from Harvard. Our original idea for the shot
was him listening to his iphone reading a book, because that's
what he did in the car most mornings. Close enough.
Javi, also from Georgetown, doing what he did all summer long.
Me doing what I didn't do nearly enough of all summer.
Photo credit: Javi
It's going to be strange living alone again. I really really miss everyone already.
No comments:
Post a Comment