I have a great mosquito net (thanks Dad!!!). The problem is, the people who manage the house I’m living in haven’t installed hooks above my bed yet. They were supposed to do it yesterday; hopefully it’ll be done soon. The mosquitoes must have sensed their time is almost up; they mounted a serious attacked last night.
I knew I was vulnerable, so I covered myself almost completely, pulling the sheets up to my neck. One got me on the knuckle. Fucker. I put on a long sleeve shirt to be sure I didn’t accidentally expose myself in my sleep.
I woke up after getting bitten twice on my forehead. I am really sensitive to the bite itself and get huge welts that are so irritating they actually wake me up. Thinking I had a suitable solution, I pulled out my mosquito net and attempted to rig it up to cover my face. I thought I could hang it over my headboard so that it would fall down at an angle and keep my head protected. Unfortunately it sagged down leaving me open to attack. I woke up again. One on my chin, one on my cheek. Relentless.
There was only one option left. Deet. On my face. Victory.

1 comment:
Jungle Juice from REI! That stuff worked wonders in Asia. I slept under a net in the Phillipines for a year and half in the Rainforest. Those "bugs" if you can call them that.. are still vivid in my mind.
Take care.. and be safe.
Post a Comment