Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Day One Tweets

One you start twittering, 140 character postings constantly pop into your head. My first day on the job today was much less a full posting than a series of 140 character observations. If I had a consistent internet connection, here’s what today’s tweet stream would have been:

“Just found out that if I eat meat here I risk getting worms, because if left out in the heat flies can lay their eggs in the meat. Awesome.”

“First day at work. Hit the ground sprinting.”

“Sitting in the energy advisor to the president’s office. He’s got an Obama calendar on the wall”

“It’s absurdly exhilarating to be working on something you’re passionate about. Wow.”

“Image of the day: a tiny roadside photocopy stand outside the University of Liberia. Complete with a generator.”

“Ordered cassava leaf for lunch. Thought it would be vegetarian. It was a mound of mystery, fairly certain contained sardines. Possibly pig feet. Needless to say I ate rice for lunch today.”

“Internet went out at work today. All afternoon!”

“Reading a USAID document and it’s giving me a headache. Having to work too hard to make it comprehensible.”

“Never thought I could possibly be so excited to buy a can of tuna fish.”

As you can see... Liberia is a tweep’s paradise!

No comments: