Whereas our first step out of the airport doors in Iceland was met with an impenetrable stench of the ocean, our first step out of the airport doors in Singapore was met with an impenetrable heat and humidity (let’s not talk about what’s waiting for us in India). I suddenly forgot completely that I’m here for work and vacation mentality set in for an instant (all that will change instantly tomorrow morning with another packed agenda coming my way). Though it was nearly 10pm when our plane landed, we were not about to miss out on our one opportunity to get out in Singapore. One thing I neglected to mention that’s unique about this trip is that serendipitously, someone from the group has a strong connection to each of our four destinations. It was great to see Jen guiding us around Seoul and speaking Korean, here we have Jonathan who is actually Singaporean and had a full itinerary planned for our evening. We went to a really cool rooftop bar his friend opened in December and toasted our arrival with eight Singapore slings. Several destinations later, I am already left itching to come back for a semester at INSEAD. If all goes as planned, that will be two years from right about now.

No comments:
Post a Comment