Wednesday, March 08, 2006

plane, planes and planes. but no bag

Technically, Prague is not that far from Reykjavik, but one would not be surprised to learn there is not an abundance of flight options from one city to the other. Certainly a transfer is expected, and ours was in Copenhagen. Given the packed schedule of meetings, we scheduled the flights that least impacted us - traveling this afternoon and evening. I unfortunately accidentally booked an earlier flight, but was excited for some time to myself to read in Copenhagen.

I was not so lucky. My 2pm flight was cancelled, and the 5pm my colleagues were on was overbooked. My only option was to fly to Copenhagen via Frankfurt, so I jumped on it. There was no way I was going to miss my meetings tomorrow. And oh yes, they could not issue all three boarding passes at once, so I would have to go to the ticket counter at each airport. Sweet.

Flight from Prague delayed a half hour. No problem, plenty of time in Frankfurt. Flight from Frankfurt delayed an hour and a half! I landed with 30 minutes to spare before my next flight left, which luckily was waiting just a few gates away.

You think my bag made it? My bag was not so lucky. So here I am, in my nice new Iceland Air tshirt, complementary as part of my overnight kit.

Awesome. Just thankful I have work clothes to re wear tomorrow.

No comments: