Monday, March 06, 2006

jetlag + two hour post lunch meeting + warm room + over my head subject matters =

Me having to literally pinch and bite myself to stay awake in my meeting this afternoon.

At first I tried taking copious notes to retain my focus. Then I tried sitting up a little straighter. Then I took my jacket off because I realized the warmth was only making matters worse. Then, to my horror, I felt my head jerk back upright after nodding off.

Finally I had to resort to self-inflicted pain to keep myself awake. Next time this happens to you, take a tip from me and try biting the inside of your fingers.

I know I am a nut, but after much experimentation, it was the only thing that worked :).

2 comments:

spidermonkey said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
spidermonkey said...

Perhaps the other thing you could do is Meeting Bingo or if youo have laptop then here's a simple DHTML app Just think about it maybe once you hit that one jackpot when some body says proactive and reactive for 12th time you can be the single person standing up yelling "Yeah" and re-energize the whole room again (potentially waking up couple others who fell asleep). Now that's what i call reverse morphic field, change work activity to play.... :)