Friday, May 09, 2008

Google Send Off In(dian) Style

And so here I am. Last day at Google, only fitting that I'm in another country on my last international trip. Back to India almost exactly two years later, utterly ironic that I'd planned to leave Google in May and travel to India, and then we planned our Q2 management meeting in Bangalore in this month.

It was the usual two day packed agenda. Last night we had our Indian cultural immersion, which entailed a two and a half hour bus ride through wet, bumpy dirt roads and rush hour traffic to a traditional Indian dance school, where we watched a performance and had a really nice dinner. The last dance was "special for me" it was really sweet of them to mention something.

At the end of today's meeting was my official send off, wherein I nearly cried and my boss actually did (I always go down when she does). I am really going to miss this team, but I was very happy to have my final days with everyone in one place, which only happens a few times a year.

We took a fun group picture, inspired by the dances we watched last night. I will miss my Google colleagues terribly!!!


No comments: