That I was even in Belize that is. Not only did the five days utterly fly by, but now I'm sitting in Sydney. Such is the life!
What was originally planned to be a week and a half trip to Guatemala and Belize quickly became a quick five days in Belize for my cousin Eugene's wedding, thanks to the demands of starting a company (or rather dating someone who is). Given my horifically overdue need for a vacation, and the short timing, I embraced relaxation and time with the 100 family and friends that came for the wedding. That means I barely left the hotel. Normally that makes me crazy, but this time, I felt it was appropriate.
The wedding activities, ceremony, and party themselves were great. It was wonderful to spend time with family, meet their longtime friends, and relax by the pool. I passed on diving in favor of snorkel bonding with the crew.
Unfortunately, the hotel left much to be desired. Somehow my idea of a relaxing vacation does not include construction around my head all day long. We fortuately moved to a villa away from the racket for the first two nights, and were promised that there would be no construction on Saturday or Sunday to disturb us. Naturally, I woke to hammering on Saturday morning. An hour before the rehearsal dinner, the water was out. You can only imagine the bride's reaction. Sunday night the electricity went out and I stayed awake with the generator that night.
I suppose you just have to let it go and laugh it off. But that was not my idea of a vacation.
Navruz Mubarak!
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment