
My long term plan has always been to shift my career away from the specific problems of a corporation to the general, and in my opinion much more interesting, questions of international and development economics and their policy implications. I have done many amazing things over my three years at Google, but ultimately I'm left without the intellectual satisfaction and sense of purpose that I am unwilling to compromise for the remainder of my career. The time has finally come to turn my attention to this next phase of my life, and I couldn't be more excited about it. It is not surprisingly also terrifying and overwhelming, but I know that I only live once and life is too short to not pursue what you are most passionate about.
And so here I am, sitting behind my computer in another hotel room, this time in Cambridge, Massachusetts. I am here to talk to faculty and students at Harvard and MIT, two of the best places to study development on the planet.
Onwards and upwards! For now it's back to studying for the GRE. Wish me luck!

No comments:
Post a Comment